Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hangin' with the King: Graceland

All dressed up with no place to go? Put on your blue suede shoes and head on over to Graceland, the legendary home of Elvis Presley. I found this sim completely on accident (there's a freebie area on the left side...lol) and just had to check it out.



So I slipped into something retro (PuNk Couture's Vintage Floral Dress) to explore in.

I love the print and the color combinations of this dress, but I have to say that the flexi skirt is a real pain. Being a full-hipped AV, the skirt on the dress did not fit AT ALL when i bought it and I had a problem with all of the settings. First of all, the gravity and tension were set really low, so it gave me a bad case of bubble-butt and the prims took forever to stop moving. Also, the beautiful green underskirt is linked to the top skirt, so I can't adjust it's placement separately(without hand placing every separate prim). The glitch pants are the color of the underskirt and not the top skirt, so every little gap is HIGHLY noticeable. All in all, I'm really glad I got it at a discount or else I probably would have been disappointed. Even now that I have messed it a bunch it is not near perfect. On the bright side, it has been a great lesson in editing flexi-prim as I have messed with every setting there is.



Anyway, back to the adventure. Having visited the RL Graceland, I can say that this sim does a good job of condensing all of the best parts of Graceland into a cute little mansion. The best part about this place is that they have an all-Elvis music feed, so make sure to turn it on to set the mood.



You can visit the trophy room...


Chill out in the Jungle Room...


Or rock out in the Jailhouse Rock Ballroom. There's a stage and instruments here, so it looks like they might have live events.


I think Elvis is checking me out!!!


They even have a memorial where you can pay your respects to the king of Rock and Roll.


So, come for a quick visit or stay and hang out. There's not a lot of people there, so it is a nice quiet place to enjoy some classic Elvis tunes and relax.

No comments: