Sunday, July 1, 2007

Chicago: Musing about Marly's

Hola!
I'm hanging out in Chicago for a day of fun and culture. And... I'm sporting the absolutely adorable Spanky's Spots Dress in sage by Marly Vaughan and Haedon Quine of Marley's.


*Slurp* The Chicago River looks lovely this time of year.


I have been looking for the perfect vintage polka-dot dress. I've flocked to every store that has released one. I've almost purchased one a dozen times at least, but something held me back. Something just wasn't quite right about the other dresses, but Marley's dress is perfect!





There are so many things l love about this dress. The color is great, the pattern isn't distorted and is in perfect proportion. The cute belt is actually attached to the skirt, which is so convenient for sizing.

Um... I'm not sure my horse likes me too much :-s


Something I've noticed about this dress that I do not see in most other dresses with prim skirts is that the prims actually stay together (like a real skirt would) when you are walking instead of flying around like a bunch of streamers.



The neckline is gorgeous and the prim sleeves are subtle and feminine. And, as you can see, the dress is great for both day and night adventures. I make a pretty hot date, don't you think ;-)


The dress comes in five colors (above), and they are all charming. Each dress is only $L225 and the 5-pack is only $L700 ( that's a $L425 saving i.e. almost 2 whole dresses for free).

Being that Chicago is the windy city, It gets bit cooler (and apparently more retro) in the evenings, so I thought I would change into another great outfit... again from Marly's.

Marly's does more than just clothes, they also do great hair. This dashing look is Zade Sophisticate in red. The hat color is smoke, but it also comes in camel for those who wear more brown. This classic style comes with the hat attached, so it is already perfectly positioned.
Here's a look at the back. There is no option to remove the hat, but perhaps they will offer it in the future (I hope).





Now, lets talk about my fabulous dress (jacket??). This amazing piece is called Agent Pushbutton and it is so unique and sophisticated. The fabric is a burnished wool with a contrasting satin lining. I just love the unique cut of the hem and the delicate black edging. This is truly a quality design.


The little handkerchief is optional, but is a great detail in that it pulls the lining color together with the rest of the piece. And the cowled neck is super cozy, perfect for blustery evenings. Agent Pushbutton comes in three colors for $L225 or $L575 together. Here you see it in ash with pink lining. I was so taken with this piece, I had to get all three, so...



Here it is in a lovely pairing of indigo and gold. And...


My favorite color, army and silver. Taxi!!!

I can honestly say that I like every item that Marly's has. Their vintage clothes, hair, and accessories covers many eras for varying taste and they have a lot of great unique items. If you need an example, Zuzu's Sun and Moon dress and Sven Suburbia should quell your skepticism.

So visit Marly's, like...now, at their main shop in Envy or check out the Marly's Blog. and get lovely.


Other Items with Spanky's Spots:

Hair: Hairapy's Barbie in Auburn
Skin: Gala-Pale-Brickhouse
Eyes: French Spirit: Contrast
Pearl set: *BBB* Natural Pearls

Other Items with Agent Pushbutton:

Skin: Gala-Pale-Brickhouse
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui- Eva in Coal

No comments: