Friday, July 20, 2007

Face of Style Contest

Entrance into the Face of Style closed yesterday at midnight, so I can finally share the photos I entered! I am so happy because I have been dying to post them for a week. Was I being paranoid by not posting them until now?? Maybe, but you never know.

So, without further adieu, i humbly present to you my first attempt at entering a photo contest:

This was my body shot. I just LOVE the location. The textures are so excellent it almost looks like I photoshoped myself into the picture.

I am wearing the Erin boho dress by Last Call. I chose a water location because the light eyelet fabric of the dress seemed to demand it. However, I thought the elegant black lace would be better served in the darker atmosphere of a rain forest than at the beach. My hair is ETD Survive in Mahogany, but I made a copy and did a white linen retexture on the headband for this outfit.
Other items: Miriel's Casual Excess Necklace in black, Miriel's Bauble Earrings in Black, and Butterfly Bangles by ??? (i will have to do some research to figure out where i got these).

This is my headshot. The pose isn't extremely inspired, but i like the way it allows the details of the dress to be featured. The dress is the gorgeous Regina Dress by last call. I chose ETD Bonita II hair in burnt mahogany for a romantic look that wasn't too formal. My necklace and earrings are Miriel's Moon and Tide in Black with white mother of pearl. I chose this set because I thought the detailing on the dress looked like stars, so I thought a moon necklace would be fitting and I liked its delicate simplicity. Black elbow gloves were added for drama.


This is my profile shot. This was the hardest picture to choose. I love the pose in this picture and how it allows the whole outfit to be showcased as well as a good view of my profile. I love the outfit too, Trixie baby tee and brown plaid pants by Celestial Studios. I paired with it G.L.A.M. metallic pumps color-changed to baby blue, Skool Daze bangles in peach, and Caroline's cameo locket in black and gold. The hair is my signature, ETD Bedded Attitude in mahogany.

I had a really had time choosing between the above shot and the following to be my profile picture:

I loved the background in the alt picture and I loved how the car mirrored the colors in my shirt. However, I did not like how you could only see the top on my outfit in this picture. Also, it sort of looks like one of those Myspace cellphone camera pictures the way my left arm is stretched out. Ultimately, I choose the first picture despite the lack-luster background.


I didn't retouch or photoshop the pictures at all. I'm sure I am in the minority of entrants for leaving my photos au naturale. I just think it is much more thrilling
to capture a really great "candid" photo. I'm sure I could strike a few poses and snap a spangly (spangly??) background behind it and it would look awesome. I think that finding the perfect spot and the perfect lighting and tying your fashion in with the environment is half the fun of of photo shoots. Hopefully others agree.

The results of the contest will be announced on June 24th. I am not holding my breath as there have been hundreds of entries. I am fairly inexperienced compared to many fashionistas I've seen on blogspot and Flickr. I'm not going to say I don't care if I win, but I will say that I have had so much fun doing this that it was already worth it.

And I will also say that it is a great promotion for any SL business. Contests like this are excuses for massive shopping sprees. More contests please!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! Love your blog!

Noelle Eilde said...

Thank you so much! I am so thrilled that someone is reading besides my boyfriend :-)