Saturday, August 18, 2007

Legwarmers by...me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

While putting together my Harajuku outfit, one of the hardest things to find was prim flared legwarmers. Sure there were a lot of Flashdance style ones and the chunky ones by Gritty Kitty that I finally settled on. There were even a couple of flared ones made using the pants layer. But none really suited what I wanted. I was looking for a pair that could be worn with a dress or skirt (and thus could not negate the glitch pants) and I wanted them to be shaped like pant cuffs that covered the shoes.

Wondering what to do, it occurred to me that... perhaps... I could try making them myself. And THIS is the result:
I have named them Rainbow Dream Harajuku Legwarmers. Simple and fun, these legwarmers add some colorful flair to any outfit. You can wear them with skirts or pants too, so they are versatile.They are only 2 prims a piece. They are not flexi, so your feet wont break through when walking and also lets you do sweet moves like this:
They feature a hand-drawn texture (by me!) with a lovely asymmetrical striped pattern in muted rainbow tones. Colorful, yet not primary.

This is my very first creation and I am pretty happy with the result. I plan on making more elaborate ones featuring stitching, bunching, and pooling around the feet. I'm sure I will post too many pictures of them when I do:-)

If you would like a pair, IM me in-world and I would be honored to give you a pair for free! I even made a pair of glitch socks for taking pictures at certain angles.

As I reflect on my accomplishment at the end of the day, I wonder where I will go from here. Accessories? Clothing? Shoes? The possibilities are endless. I have already started work on a long flexi-hair style with a fantasy vibe too it. I would be finished with it too if I wasn't griefed so much in sandboxes. Why I get so much grief is beyond me.


Don't hate me 'cuz I'm beautiful griefers! Lol.

No comments: